Mold in your home can be scary. The news media and many of our competitors use fear tactics to drive home how “deadly” mold can be. The truth is: mold spores are everywhere, and much of this hype is overkill. Spores are essentially seeds that actively growing mold emits into the air. They are constantly floating through the air looking for a place to land and reproduce.
The dirty little truth about mold is that there are only a few species that have been identified to cause health concerns. The term “Black Mold” has been assigned as the “deadly one”, when in fact the color of the mold does little to identify the species. The color of the mold is due to the material the mold is digesting (food source). The only way to truly tell what type of mold we are dealing with is by performing sampling. Only then can we come up with the appropriate course of action for remediation.
There are two different types of sampling methods, each with a specific purpose:
Direct Surface Sampling
The first is “Direct Surface Sampling” in which the inspector physically tests active visible mold. This is recommended when you can physically see the mold growth. This is needed so we don’t go blindly into a project. Simply killing the mold with household bleach (not recommended) does not eliminate the allergenic properties or the mycotoxins emitted by the harmful molds (like: Ascospores , Chaetomium, Curvularia, and Stachybotrys )
Air Quality Sampling
The second is “Air Quality Sampling”, where the inspector uses a specially designed device to capture and test the mold spore count in the air. One is performed outside of the structure to obtain what referred to as a baseline (or standard), while the other is performed in the area suspected to contain mold. Our inspector then compares the baseline sample against the inside sample(s). If the spore count is higher than the outside: this indicates active mold growth. This method is particularly needed when visible mold is not present.
We offer three basic packages to our customers for Inspections. We have found that these generally accommodate most homes. Obviously, if your home needs more test, we can add additional test to the packages.
Click HERE to schedule yours today, or give us a call at (404) 366-3285
Throughout the years, we have helped hundreds of customers deal with mold. We offer several different options for our customers depending on the species of mold we are dealing with. Once we receive the results back from the laboratory, our inspector will fill out “Inspector Report” along with the plan for proper remediation of your mold.
In the event you are a renter, we advise that you have your landlord call us, as only they can authorize us to perform these tests. Many apartment complexes, management groups, and individual landlords use us on a regular basis to inspect their properties. Many offer this service to their tenants at no expense to them.
The Mold Inspection Process
We remediate your mold problem and ensure the health and safety of your building inhabitants by taking the following steps:
Assess the Mold
We fully investigate the extent of mold penetration by inspecting your property, including:
- Interior and Exterior Air Sampling – Air Samples are taken in the suspect areas to identify if mold exists, and the species we are dealing with.it
- Interior – HVAC units, water heaters, bathroom and kitchen cabinets, garages, basements, ductwork, wall cavities, areas behind wallpaper, etc.
- Exterior – Roof, gutters and downspouts, entrance ways, door jambs, window sills, basement exterior walls, etc.
Develop a Remediation Strategy
We develop a plan of attack by:
- Isolating the contaminated parts of the residence or business with protective barriers and exit chambers
- Doing negative-pressure testing to verify air containment
- Discovering the source of moisture using thermal imaging to assess how mold growth started
- Identifying salvageable contents and setting them aside for cleaning
- Doing pack-out and storage, if needed
- Providing you and your insurance company, as needed, with an estimate using the Xactimate® software
- Removing unsalvageable materials and items that cannot be restored or cleaned effectively, such as drywall, insulation, furnishings, papers and other contaminated items
Once the water source is stopped, the mold species is identified, and a protocol is in place, we are ready to perform the remediation process:
Safely and Effectively Remove Mold from Your Residence or Business
Our technicians have extensive training and experience in removing mold from any surface by:
- Using specialized tools that filter spores on affected walls and surfaces
- Sanding infested wood with a HEPA-filtered machine
- Removing mold spores using EPA-approved tools and products, including a HEPA vacuum
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing furnishings, carpets, drapes and other belongings using approved detergents and antimicrobials
- Cleaning HVAC units
- Damp-wiping surfaces and fixtures with effective cleaning agents
- Applying a protective seal to prevent regrowth
Eliminate Dampness and Humidity
We ensure the environment is suitable for residents and employees by:
- Placing fans, air movers, electric panels and dehumidifiers
- Letting in sunlight and fresh, dry air
- Installing infrared cameras and hygrometers to check for residual dampness behind walls, under subfloors, in attics and anyplace mold can grow
Restoration is completed by:
- Inspecting your property for any remaining signs of mold or moisture
- Assisting you in returning all belongings from storage, if needed
- Disposing of contaminants and any remaining hazardous materials
- Returning for a final inspection to ensure your building is completely dry and mold-free
- Retreating any remaining areas of moisture or mold infestation
Support Insurance Claims
We help you get any settlement you are entitled to by:
- Taking photos of the infested areas and contents before and after cleaning and remediation
- Documenting the damage and detailing our cleanup and restoration processes
- Storing our notes and photos online so you and your insurer have full access to claim information
If you are experiencing mold in your residence or commercial facility in the Atlanta metropolitan area, our company is ready to help.
Residential Mold Inspections:
|Mold Inspection & Surface Sampling:||
|Mold Inspection & Air Quality Sampling:||
|Healthy Home Mold Inspection:||
|Additional Air Samplings: (includes lab fees):||(Can only be added to the packages listed above)||$75 per|
|Additional Surface Tape Samplings (includes lab fees):||(Can only be added to the packages listed above)||$75 per|
Please note that all of our samples are sent to an independent laboratory and results are usually available after 48-72 hours.
24 Hour turn around is available for an additional fee of $125 per sample.
what our clients say
“Two months ago, D.O.N.E. ATL installed one of their crawlspace systems in my house! They were right! My gas and electric bills went down almost 30%. The best part is now I can store all of my wife’s Christmas villages down there without worrying about them getting moldy! Thanks, Guys!”
Woodstock, GA 30188
“Thank you for sending Rob and Tony out at 4 am! They were so polite and went straight to work cleaning the water up! They made a stressful time a little easier”
Dunwoody, GA 30338
“I want to thank Todd for being so thorough with us in explaining the waterproofing system. True to his word, he had his men to my home 3 days later installing the system! He even sent me a handwritten Thank You card! Great Customer Service”
Decatur, GA 30034
“I recently purchased a home in Kennesaw and my agent recommended hiring your company. I still got 3 other quotes and was pleasantly surprised to find your company to be the only one that didn’t try to nickel and dime me or use scare tactics. Your Foreman is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met. He gave me daily updates on the status and made the experience a pleasant one”
“I was referred to D.O.N.E. ATL by my plumber when my water heater in my attic ruptured a couple of weeks ago. They arrived in less than an hour and walked me through the scary experience of filing an insurance claim. They got right to work and even met my adjuster yesterday because I was a little uneasy about dealing with my insurance company. You guys have Great Customer Service! Thank You!”